- Stealthy Testing Unveils eVX’s Dynamic Design
- 360-degree View and Charging Port Revealed
- Anticipated To Launch in 2025
The Maruti Suzuki eVX, an eagerly awaited electric SUV, has recently been spotted in a more refined concept form at the Japan Mobility Show. Having initiated its testing phase on international grounds in June 2023, the electric SUV is now undergoing trials in India, marking a significant stride towards its anticipated launch in 2025.
The Sneak Peek: What Was Spotted?
In recently surfaced spy shots, the eVX test mule is concealed beneath heavy black camouflage, revealing only fragments of its rear and side profiles. The makeshift taillights offer a glimpse of the SUV’s design, indicating dimensions that align with those of the new Maruti Grand Vitara. Notably, the spy shots capture the presence of a charging port on the left front fender, signalling the electrifying nature of this upcoming vehicle.
Additionally, the test mule is equipped with a 360-degree camera setup, evident from the left Outside Rear View Mirror (ORVM)-mounted camera. The alloy wheels on display mirror those observed on the internationally spied model. Although the front fascia remains veiled in this set of images, expectations are high for LED headlights, daytime running lights (DRLs) featuring a triangular element, and robust bumpers.
Interior Insights: What To Expect
- Suzuki revealed the eVX’s interior at the Japan auto show.
- Dual displays are a focal point of discussion.
- One display is dedicated to infotainment.
- The other serves as the digital instrument cluster.
- Glimpses show elongated vertical slats for traditional AC vents.
- A distinctive 2-spoke steering wheel resembling a yoke is featured.
- The central console houses a rotary dial for gear selection.
Beneath the Surface: Details Of Its Electric Powertrain
- Specific details of eVX’s electric powertrain are undisclosed.
- Maruti Suzuki’s Auto Expo 2023 revelations share key insights.
- The eVX will feature a substantial 60kWh battery pack.
- The battery is expected to offer an impressive 550km range.
- Confirmed inclusion of a dual-motor setup for all-wheel-drive functionality.
- Dual-motor setup enhances performance and overall versatility.
Anticipated Launch And Pricing
- Maruti Suzuki eVX’s India launch is expected in 2025.
- The anticipated starting price is approximately Rs 25 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Positioned for direct competition with MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona Electric.
- Offers a premium alternative to the Tata Nexon EV and Mahindra XUV400.
Table: Comparison With Competitors
|Maruti Suzuki eVX
|MG ZS EV
|Hyundai Kona Electric
|Tata Nexon EV
|Battery Capacity (kWh)
|30 to 40.5 kWh
|Estimated Range (km)
|Up to 550
|Up to 461
|Up to 452
|325 to 465 km